This is a rolling hills (no climbs, but not the flattest ever) marathon course. It is a USATF certified course (Cert # MA14004JK) which means you can use it as a Boston Qualifier. Marathon Certification .PDF Map HERE MA14004JK
Click on the image below to get a detailed elevation map
Earth Rock Run = Total Elevation Gain of 554ft
Boston Marathon = 544ft Total Gain
Bay State Marathon = 526ft Total Gain
Yes, Boston has a net elevation loss, but overall gain throughout the course is very similar.
Download this .pdf Chart to see more marathon comparisons! (created by mymarathonpace.com)
Turn By Turn -
Parking and start is at the Osgood Facility (old Lucent Tech property)
- Start @ 1600 Osgood St (rt 125) – Go south….away from Haverhill (for those not from around here, it is pronounced “Havral”….)
- Bear Left onto Osgood St. (right around mile 2)
- Straight onto Stevens St. (osgood bears right)
- Left onto Pleasant St. (@ mile 3)
- Left onto Great Pond Rd.
- Right onto Marbleridge
- Left onto Salem St.
- Left onto Foster St (@ mile 6)
- Left onto Winter
- Right onto S. Bradford
- Right onto Great Pond Rd.
- Bear left staying on Great Pond Rd
- Stay straight across Rt 133…changes to Bradford St.
- Left onto Osgood St.
- 13.1 finish at 1600 Osgood – 26.2 will repeat same loop.
- Party and awards will be across the street on the Osgood property